Process Engineer (Mechanical or Industrial Degree)
The Novation iQ Process Engineer monitors and troubleshoots the production process through various techniques to reduce scrap, defects and downtime.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree REQUIRED.
No agency submittals, please.
Novation iQ Participates in E-Verify.
All qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not provide employment visa sponsorship.
- Evaluate and improve on processes in the manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of the production process.
- Plan the schedule for the production week by determining what needs to be produced based on client orders and deadlines.
- Request Purchase Orders for raw materials and calculate runtime for each line to project how long it will take to produce.
- Visually inspect and monitor the entire production process.
- Assist operators with running the lines.
- Compare machine settings and feedback to past runs to verify normal operation.
- Adjust lines to keep material in spec.
- Inspect all finished products for defects.
- Analyze production data using various programs, including Minitab and Microsoft Excel.
- Plot trends with I-MR charts and histograms.
- Ensure that clients’ requirements are met by using statistical analysis and changing recipes to meet specs.
- Gather feedback and data from clients about possible issues with their finished product.
- Resolve all client complaints.
- Responsible for new product trials.
- Run samples of raw material, and gather and analyze the results of the sample versus the original material.
- Run irradiated trials as a potential new method to product foam.
- Represent Novation iQ in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance.
- Exceptional time management.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Creative and innovative.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience, including experience in project engineering and/or operations. Internships and lab work may be considered for experience.
- Proficient in 3D AutoCAD modeling software preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts with the risk of electrical shock.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Health and Wellness
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- HSA/FSA options
- Basic Life Insurance/AD&D, and Short- and Long-term Disability at no cost to associate
- Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sporting Healthy Lifestyles Wellness Program
- 24/7 on-site gym and workout facility in the office
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Paid Birthday holiday
- Retirement Savings
- 401k Retirement Savings with competitive company contribution
- Daily access to Company Market (New Hire Credit Applicable)
- Company lunches, parties, and social events.
- Casual dress or Company Uniforms Provided
- All qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not provide employment visa sponsorship.